For more information, please contact:
MRS. ANDREA CRIBBS
Homestay Programs Manager
MR. KEVIN EAST
Homestay Programs Coordinator
Make a difference in the life of an international student and broaden your own family's cultural awareness. Fairmont Private Schools is seeking qualified host families to provide a "home away from home" for our international students. When you host a student from overseas you'll enrich your own life while benefiting from monthly compensation or tuition reimbursement at one of Fairmont Private Schools' five Orange County campuses.
|Please click here to read about Fairmont Homestay in the September 2014 issue of Marmalade.|
- A family or individual who opens their home to one or more international students for one or more school years. Hosts provide international students comfortable accommodations, meals and an introduction to the American way of life.
Why be a Host Family?
- As compensation for the arrangement, host families receive payment of $1,150 per month (taxable income).
- Hosting an international student is an exceptional way to learn about other cultures. International students are eager to share information and anecdotes about their food, customs and culture with their host family.
- Children within the host family especially enjoy having a new housemate and the opportunity to make an international friend.
- Hosting an international student can be mentioned on resumes or in college admissions essays to demonstrate intercultural experience.
- Many hosts maintain unique friendships with their former housemates for years to come.
- Hosts experience the satisfaction of helping an international student through the challenging process of adapting to life in a new country.
- Hosts can make their own contribution to fostering better international relations by enlightening international students about United States culture.
How do we get started?
- Attend an upcoming info session and to have your questions answered about hosting an international student.
Downloads and Forms
Part one of the homestay application is to be submitted electronically. The document is a writable PDF. Please save the form to your computer and then complete the form, save again and email the completed version along with your pictures to email@example.com.
|Dear Potential Host Family|
|Host Mom Testimonial|
|Homestay Student Testimonial|
|Host Family Rules|
|Request for Taxpayer Identification Number|
|Fairmont Host Application Part I 2014-15|
|Fairmont Host Application Part II 2014-15|
|Fairmont Student Transportation Schedule 2014-2015 School Year (P-12 Grade)|
Tutorial on downloading, completing, and submitting the Fairmont Host Application Part I: