MRS. ANDREA CRIBBS
Homestay Programs Manager
Business Office Address
1575 West Mable St.
Anaheim, CA 92802
Make a difference in the life of an international student and broaden your own family's cultural awareness. Fairmont Private Schools is seeking qualified host families to provide a "home away from home" for our international students. When you host a student from overseas you'll enrich your own life while benefiting from monthly compensation or tuition reimbursement at one of Fairmont Private Schools' five Orange County campuses.
What is a Host Family?
- A family or individual who opens their home to one or more international students for one or more school years. Hosts provide international students comfortable accommodations, meals and an introduction to the American way of life.
Why be a Host Family?
- As compensation for the arrangement, host families receive payment of $1,150 per month (taxable income).
- Hosting an international student is an exceptional way to learn about other cultures. International students are eager to share information and anecdotes about their food, customs and culture with their host family.
- Children within the host family especially enjoy having a new housemate and the opportunity to make an international friend.
- Hosting an international student can be mentioned on resumes or in college admissions essays to demonstrate intercultural experience.
- Many hosts maintain unique friendships with their former housemates for years to come.
- Hosts experience the satisfaction of helping an international student through the challenging process of adapting to life in a new country.
- Hosts can make their own contribution to fostering better international relations by enlightening international students about United States culture.
How do we get started?
- Attend an upcoming info session and to have your questions answered about hosting an international student.
Downloads and Forms
|Dear Potential Host Family|
|Host Mom Testimonial|
|Homestay Student Testimonial|
|Host Family Application|
|Host Family Rules|
|Request for Taxpayer Identification Number|
|Fairmont Student Transportation Schedule 2013-2014 School Year (P-12 Grade)|