Make a difference in the life of an international student and broaden your own family’s cultural awareness. Fairmont Schools is seeking qualified host families to provide a “home away from home” for our international students. When you host a student from overseas, you’ll enrich your own life and benefit from monthly compensation.
What is a host family?
Why be a host family?
- As compensation for the arrangement, host families receive a monthly stipend (taxable income).
- Hosting an international student is an exceptional way to learn about other cultures. International students are eager to share information and anecdotes about their food, customs, and culture with their host family.
- Children within the host family especially enjoy having a new housemate and the opportunity to make an international friend.
- Hosting an international student can be mentioned on resumes or in college admissions essays to demonstrate intercultural experience.
- Many hosts maintain unique friendships with their former housemates for years to come.
- Hosts experience the satisfaction of helping an international student through the challenging process of adapting to life in a new country.
- Hosts can make their own contribution to fostering better international relations by enlightening international students about United States culture.
For more information about the Fairmont Homestay Program, please contact:
Mrs. Andrea Cribbs
Homestay Programs Manager
Downloads & Forms
Part one of the Homestay Application is to be submitted electronically. The document is a writable PDF. Please save the form to your computer and then complete it, save it again, then email the completed version along with your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Host Family Application
- Host Family Application Part 2
- Dear Potential Host Family
- Host Mom Testimonial
- Homestay Student Testimonial
- Host Family Rules
The Homestay Team
Andrea has been with Fairmont since 2003 and is the architect of the current Homestay Program. She graduated from Mount Holyoke College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. Andrea has lived in both the U.S. and Europe, and was an exchange student living in homestays in France in both high school and college. She has traveled to England, Wales, Scotland, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Greece, and Turkey; and she has lived in Illinois, Massachusetts, New York City, Los Angeles, Long Beach, London, and Paris. Andrea has two children — both of whom attend Fairmont Schools. Their family enjoys a very active lifestyle that includes many sports, hiking, and camping. Andrea speaks English and French.
Swipe to see more content.