Historic Anaheim is an official International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, offering the IB Primary Years Programme for preschool – 5th grade students and the IB Middle Years Programme for students in 6th – 8th grade. The student body is highly academic, achieving some of the top standardized test scores in both public and private schools in Orange County. Historic Anaheim also offers a wide variety of extracurricular opportunities so students can discover their passions, pursue them, and develop a lifelong love of learning and exploration.
Welcome to Fairmont
Historic Anaheim Campus
Years 1st Place Academic Pentathlon
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE PROGRAMS OFFERED – PRIMARY YEARS + MIDDLE YEARS
P-8th Grade Students
ACADEMICS - Nurturing HeaRts and Minds
Fairmont’s educational program combines a standards-based, advanced curriculum with character development and social-emotional growth. Small class sizes and differentiated learning allow for a highly individualized approach to personal learning.
- International Baccalaureate – Primary Years Programme; Middle Years Programme
- Speech and Debate
- Academic Pentathlon
- Orange County Science & Engineering Fair
- AMC, Math Olympiad, Math Counts
- Middle School Electives – Computers & Tech, Robotics, Debate
- Elementary Specialty Classes – Computers, Library, PE, Science & STEM Lab, Spanish
- ASSIST (Language Arts Assistance)
- Educational Trips:
- Sacramento (4)
- Catalina Island (5)
- San Bernardino Mountains (6)
- South Dakota (7)
- Washington, D.C. (8)
- Academic Calendar
ATHLETICS - Cultivating Scholar Athletes
Students of all experience levels are encouraged to participate in Fairmont athletics. Our program is designed to encourage competition, while simultaneously building lifelong values of teamwork, sportsmanship, perseverance, and integrity.
- DSL Athletics (4th – 6th Grade)
- Tri-Way Athletics (7th – 8th Grade)
- Fall – Flag Football (Boys), Volleyball (Girls)
- Winter – Basketball (Boys & Girls)
- Spring – Soccer (Boys & Girls), Volleyball (Boys), Football (Girls)
VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS - Encouraging Creative Expression
Specialty instructors in music, visual arts, and dramatic arts provide weekly instruction in addition to our core academics–giving students the opportunity to expand their imagination and explore artistic talents.
- Specialty Classes – Weekly classes taught by specialists: Art (PK – 5), General Music Education (PK – 4), Strings Instrumental Musics (5-6)
- Fairmont Beat (Jazz/Pop Band)
- Middle School Electives – Drama, Print Media, Digital Media, Strings, Fine Arts
Historic Anaheim Head of School
Mrs. Rebecca Lugo
A lifelong learner who is passionate about curiosity and inquiry, Mrs. Lugo is uniquely qualified to lead our Historic Anaheim Campus (HAC), home of our International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years and Middle Years Programmes. Prior to taking the helm at Historic Anaheim, she served as the campus’ Assistant Director and IB Coordinator. She has earned the prestigious distinction of being a member of the International Baccalaureate Educator Network, and also holds a BA in English and an MS in Curriculum and Instruction. Mrs. Lugo hopes that her students love coming to school — playing, laughing, having fun, creating, dreaming big, taking risks, and learning that they can change the world. She is a New York native, proud mom, dog lover, avid reader, and baker.
International Baccalaureate World School
The IB Programme has received attention around the world for making a positive impact on students, schools, and their wider communities, with learning going well beyond the classroom. IB courses emphasize deep disciplinary knowledge, critical thinking, and international mindedness, and are based in application and projects, rather than memorization. The Programme prepares students to achieve their academic potential and lead a life of prosperous world citizenship.