One thing you can always count on at the end of the school day is hungry (or even “hangry”) kids! Help put fuel back in their tanks with these fourteen fabulous foods — many of which can be prepped in advance. From sweet to savory, there’s something on this list for even the pickiest of eaters.
- Peach Melba Pops – This dreamy-creamy treat is perfect on a hot day.
- Best Bran Muffins – Delicious, healthy, and filling — make them mini-sized so your child still has room in their tummy for dinner.
- Pumpkin Flax Granola – Whether they grab it by the handful or add it to a cup of yogurt, they’ll love this crunchy, fall-inspired goodness.
- Frozen Yogurt Raspberries – Kids will eat these by the handful. Bonus for them: they’ll get a very red tongue!
- No Bake Strawberry Almond Energy Balls – These will take more time and effort to make, but they will be worth it.
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie – If your child loves chocolate-covered bananas, then this has their name written all over it.
- Lemon Poppy Seed Healthy Baked Donuts – Baked donuts? Who knew? All of the flavor, a fraction of the fat.
- Hot Dog Nuggets – Kids love all-things nuggets. This is a mini version of the beloved pigs in a blanket.
- Pizza Toast – Nothing says “yummmm!” like pizza. Just five minutes of prep and 15 minutes in the oven, and you’ll have a very happy kid on your hands.
- Easily Broccoli Cheese Bites – Looking for a way to get (sneak) some veggies in your after-school snack repertoire? Here’s your answer.
- Kids’ Nachos – Bacon stars in this kid-friendly version of a Mexican food favorite. Everything’s better with bacon, right?
- Celery Snails & Caterpillars – These snacks are so fun, your child may not know whether to eat them or play with them.
- English Muffin with Apple and Cheddar – Good on those days when your child is extra hungry. Kick it up a notch by adding a slice of ham.
- Ranch Popcorn – No snack list would be complete without popcorn, right? The tang of ranch dressing mix and the salt from Parmesan make this recipe a keeper.
Do you have any A-List snacks that you’d like to share? If so, please leave a comment below.