So how can students ensure that they will do the best they can on their finals? We love a good list, so let’s start one, shall we?
- Relax. It’s tough, we get it. But freaking yourself out about it is not going to help.
- Trust in yourself. You’ve been in that class all semester. You’ve done the homework. You listened to the teachings. You’ve got this!
- Be mindful of yourself. Is an extra hour of studying worth not sleeping? It seems unlikely.
- Rest and be rested. Taking a test on no sleep is not a good idea. Go about your regular routine.
- Ask for help. This is the last chance you have to get clarification from your teachers, so go ask them questions.
- Work in groups. Create study groups–others may have a good way to remember something or can explain it in a different way. Remember that you are not competing with your peers here.
- Don’t get stuck on the things you don’t know. Move on to the things you do know and come back to the ones that are stumping you. No worth losing potential points by trying to solve something impossible.
- Breathe! It will be over soon. Just breathe.
And once it is all done, go out and celebrate. Treat yourself a little bit, you’ve earned. Good luck out there Huskies!