Educating students in the age of Covid-19 is a challenge; however, Fairmont is a community of innovators, problem solvers, and educational pioneers who come together during times of challenge to create opportunities. Find out how Fairmont’s approach to remote learning at our Historic Anaheim sets us apart from the rest.
Remote learning for 2021-22 will be held exclusively at the Fairmont Historic Anaheim Campus serving grades K-8th. Learn more here!
Remote Learning via Live Streamed Classrooms
Fairmont’s remote learning program is a 5-day a week, full school day, synchronous program that provides live stream classroom instruction, featuring our award-winning teachers and standards-based curriculum.
- Small class sizes with individualized instruction – maintaining current student:teacher ratios and continuing to offer academic assistance and ability grouping
- Accelerated, proprietary curriculum where rigor is our legacy!
- Emphasis on the classroom learning experience – live-streamed classrooms provide a modicum of normalcy.
- Teachers trained in SEL – teachers are learning new ways to support our students’ social and emotional growth in the age of Covid-19.
- Technology Investment – Fairmont has invested in hardware and software to make the remote learning experience just as exceptional as our in-person option.
- Parent workshops and resources give parents additional tools and support as we continue to honor their role as partners in teaching with us.
Fairmont has implemented a host of safety measures to ensure the wellbeing of students, teachers, and staff. Fairmont’s Reopening Task Force continues to monitor the situation daily, revising our safe reopening protocols accordingly. At present the following measures are in place:
- Physical distancing of desks
- Face coverings for all students, teachers, and staff
- Installation of hands-free restroom facilities on all campuses
- Installation of plexiglass screens and social distancing notifications where appropriate
- Additional cleaning and sanitation of classrooms, playgrounds, and common areas
Virtual Information Sessions
Students and teachers have shown remarkable resilience during the 2020-21 school year. Read more about this unprecedented year, including how Fairmont’s students avoided the COVID Slide, in our 2020 Report Card. Discover what the future holds at Fairmont by attending an upcoming Virtual Information Session.
Our experience and the advice of health and educational experts confirm that children — especially our youngest students — learn best when they are physically present at school. For this reason, we will continue to do our utmost to create the safest on-campus environment possible.
We understand that COVID likely will be a health risk for some time. Therefore, we will continue offering a remote option into the 2021-22 school year in order to remain flexible and provide choices to our families. Our team continues to improve every aspect of our remote learning offerings to make them as robust and engaging as possible.