Since 1953, Fairmont has been focused on one thing – our students. It’s a focus that has served our families well for generations, and we believe it’s more important now than ever before, as we prepare our students for success in the 21st century.
- Our secular, co-educational P-12 educational program balances time-honored fundamentals with innovative approaches to learning, taking into account intellectual as well as social and emotional growth.
- We employ caring, passionate educators who participate in rigorous training and mandatory yearly evaluation to ensure each child has an A+ teacher every year.
- Fairmont provides award-winning academics as well as numerous opportunities for children to explore their unique talents through the arts, athletics, and special programs like robotics, and speech and debate.
- Fairmont is a safe place for high achievers AND late bloomers. We embrace a growth mindset and believe in the rewards of working hard, taking risks, and never giving up!
- We celebrate our diverse campus communities and foster a spirit of teamwork and mutual respect.
Fairmont was founded in 1953 by maverick public school educator Kenneth Holt. He pushed for greater instructional autonomy and the freedom to extend the curriculum to propel his students’ learning forward. When he was unsuccessful petitioning for change in the public school system, he started a summer program at his home on Gilbert Street in Anaheim to help his students advance. Word spread and the program quickly outgrew Mr. Holt’s home. His passionate project had become a school!
A Legacy Begins
Located on the historic Carroll Estate near downtown Anaheim, CA, the first Fairmont campus opened in September, 1955 and boasted 65 students spanning kindergarten through 8th grade. Mr. Holt was Fairmont’s principal, classroom teacher, bus driver, and janitor. His wife Helen Holt served as the school secretary, nurse, and accountant. Family members and children pitched in to support the growing school community. Times weren’t always easy, but Mr. Holt was unwilling to give up on his students – and that same grit, determination, and perseverance continues to propel the school forward today.
A New Leader
In 1979, David R. Jackson stepped into his stepfather’s shoes as Fairmont’s leader. Instead of an educator like Mr. Holt, Mr. Jackson was a visionary entrepreneur who channeled his innovative spirit into multiple business ventures before turning his attention to the family school. Mr. Jackson expanded Fairmont’s portfolio to include campuses in Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, and North Tustin, and broadened grade offerings to include preschool through 12th grade. Under his leadership, Fairmont began welcoming students from around the world into a growing language learning program. And in 2020, his dream to add a South Orange County school to the Fairmont family became a reality with the purchase of the San Juan Capistrano campus.
Mr. Jackson and his wife Stacey saw their own family grow with their family of schools to include 5 children and 13 grandchildren – the majority of which live nearby and continue to attend or work at Fairmont Schools. In 2019, Chad Jackson stepped into a leadership role as Fairmont’s President, guided by his father’s and grandfather’s original vision of learning without limits. A former teacher at Fairmont and in the public school system, Chad continues to drive innovation in order to provide students the very best educational opportunities, while empowering teachers to make life-changing connections with their students.
Swipe to see more content.