Your Perception of Our School Climate Matters to Us!
As we begin the academic year, it is important to reflect upon our campus culture and what we can do every day to help create a positive school climate. Think about how teachers, staff, students, and parents contribute to generating a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive environment at Fairmont, and take the short quiz below. As you answer these questions, assess your perception of our school climate. What are your impressions of how we interact with and treat each other at school? Ask your child these questions and see how they differ from your perception. Then, think about what you can do to improve the culture and climate here at school. What can the faculty do? Administrators? Students?
Almost Never Sometimes Almost Always
- Students treat classmates with respect
- Students show respect for school property
- Students help each other, even if they are not friends
- School is a safe place for me
- Teachers treat students with respect
- I feel included and connected to school
- Bullying is a problem here
- I feel my thoughts and voice are heard and valued
- When someone is having a problem, others offer to help
- Students are kind to each other
- Parents treat each other with respect
- Our school responds quickly to problems
- People are friendly here
- The playground is a good place for a student to make friends
We all need to take ownership and pride in our school community and contribute to the positive energy we feel when we step foot on campus every day!
We want to hear from you.
firstname.lastname@example.org for the school counselor
Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions at (714) 999-5055, Ext. 1456.
Jill Thomas, MFT
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Fairmont Private Schools Counselor