6 – 8 Tin Cans (Clean, label-less, and of any size)
Spray Paint (A variety of colors)
Acrylic Paint (A variety of colors)
Matches or Lighter
Embroidery Hoop or Lamp Shade Frame
- Spray paint the outsides of each tin can with a different color and let dry.
- Using a nail and hammer, punch a hole in the center of the bottom of each tin can.
- Decorate the cans with a paintbrush and acrylic paint, and let dry (Optional: Once dry, seal the design with a clear spray paint and let dry).
- Measure and cut lengths of rope so that the cans hang in a downward spiral.
- Thread one end of rope through the top of a can and melt the fraying end using a match or lighter. Once cool, tie into a knot that will hold the can in place. Repeat this process with each can and length of rope.
- Knot the free end of each rope around the embroidery hoop or lamp shade frame to make a downward spiral.
- Hang wind chime outside.
This craft’s instructions and photos are courtesy of Design Dazzle and A Girl and A Glue Gun. For more great crafts, visit Fairmont’s “The Art of Play” Pinterest board!
Adult supervision is highly encouraged for this project.