Summer Camp Counselors
Click here for more information.
Joint Diploma Manager In China
Our Fairmont International Education division is currently searching for a Joint Diploma Program Manager our Beijing, China Office who will be responsible for coordinating between Fairmont International leadership and schools in China to ensure that Joint Diploma goals are being met and that schools make progress in responsibly offering an Advanced Placement Program, and rigorous English Language program.
We seek accomplished candidates who will work collaboratively with fellow administrators, confer with faculty, parents, and students on academic matters, and ensure the implementation of our program effectively. The ideal candidate should have the experience and professional qualifications necessary to support teamwork, set high standards, and implement a long term strategy for our program.
The Joint Diploma Manager is responsible for the following:
- Assure a cooperative role between Fairmont and partner schools to insure a consistent educational plan, which adheres to the school’s philosophy.
- Encourage strong collegiality between staff and administration to assure innovative ideas and practices that facilitate the maintenance of Fairmont’s position as a leader in education.
- As a Teacher Leader, will be expected to teach model classes and work with students on a regular basis.
- Work with the admissions personnel of Chinese schools to set up testing procedures, entrance requirements and student recruitment.
- Partner with Fairmont Preparatory Academy counseling staff and administration.
- Make recommendations about areas of improvements in curriculum and instruction and gather data on outcomes.
- Ensure the recruitment, retention, and enhancement of quality teachers through ongoing faculty development and implementation of new ideas, practices, and procedures. Supervise the hiring process of teachers.
- Identify and respond to faculty, parent, student and administrator needs in a timely manner and implement a plan for a positive solution.
- Maintain long range goals and plans with the assistance of faculty and administration.
- Understand accreditation process.
- Work closely with Public Relations and Advertising Department to see that Fairmont is always portrayed to the community in a positive manner.
Fairmont seeks a Manager who has an open and collegial style and is committed to diversity and cultural pluralism. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of administrative experience, and additional teaching experience at the high school level. A focus on language instruction is required.
- Strong communication skills in English (both verbal and writing skills); highly articulate and effective public speaking presentation and knowledge of Chinese is highly desired.
- Experience with student learning outcomes, programmatic assessment, and international education programs
- Demonstrated leadership skills including proficiency in communication and organization, effective decision making, success working with diverse constituencies, and development of constructive interpersonal relations
- Experience with strategic planning and with developing plans, policies and procedures
- Experience in American and international schools is a plus
- Residency in China and ability to travel extensively between schools located in different parts of the country is a must. Some travel to the USA will also be necessary
- Knowledge of China, of its business and educational culture, and of differences between US and Chinese educational systems
- Experience with Advanced Placement is a plus, as is experience preparing students for the college admissions process.
- Diplomacy skills, with a track record of gaining consensus
- Results-oriented with the patience necessary to negotiate between different cultures